Handmade jewelry has become increasingly popular in recent years.
Manufacturers and jewelers pay personal attention and love to their work, and this is evident in the unique pieces they create, many of which are truly works of art.
What most people do not realize is that handmade jewelry is a really good investment.
And there are several reasons for this. Let’s look at some.
- No mass production machines are used. Handmade jewelry, by definition, is made entirely by the hands of the jewelry craftsman or manufacturer.
Without the use of equipment and means of mass production, the parts are welded, sawn, carved and formed one by one.
- The Value of Time: As mentioned earlier, handmade jewelry takes considerable time to create because it is not machine-mediated.
The process of creating a handmade piece of jewelry can take from a few days to several weeks.
- The Creative Process: This is fully reflected in every piece or idea created by the manufacturer.
The value of each piece is determined by the design process and the close relationship of the creator with the object of its creation.
Every curve, every line, is not random as it has been done for a purpose.
For each manufacturer, the focus is on the final product.
- Materials: The reliability of the materials used in a handmade piece is almost always of excellent quality.
In mass production factories where various “dirty” metals are mixed together to make jewelry parts, it is difficult to control them or even to know exactly which alloys have been used in the production process.
- Jewelry makers often commit to sustainable products that respect the sources of the materials and the ecosystem in which they will operate.
This makes creators somewhat “moral”. And being “ethical” in this way carries with it great value that is not covered by any mass-produced factory.
- Quality: Since the ability to oversee the entire process from start to finish is inherent in the jewelry making process, smaller scale production is almost always of the highest quality.
Logically, the builders and craftsmen are proud of the work they do.
They are not going to let anything of poor quality with their signature leave their lab.
- Locally made with love: Nowadays where every “local market” enjoys great value, reducing the energy footprint in the creation of goods as well as supporting local craftsmen is something very good both for the environment and for all of us. Artists and creators infuse each of their works with love and personal energy.
There is tremendous value in supporting the local in terms of sustainability and energy.
In addition to the value of each handmade piece of jewelry, you also buy a truly unique product. Even if the handmade piece is part of a version – no manufacturer creates two pieces that are exactly the same. You are the only person with this particular piece of jewelry and that says a lot.
So when you are considering buying a handmade piece of jewelry, it is important to keep in mind that while it may be an investment, you are still supporting something much bigger.
While of course, knowing that you have a unique piece of jewelry by any artist in your collection will make you feel great about your purchase.